Dr.Sc. (Law), Associate Professor at Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University, Ukraine
Attorney at Law
Disciplinary Ombudsman at the Association of Private Executors of Ukraine
Expert in Judicial Reform at Pravo-Justice Project
Accredited Expert at the National Agency of Higher Education Quality Assurance (Ukraine)
Author and co-author of more than 100 publications, published in Ukrainian and international journals and publishing houses, referred to Problems of Judiciary and the Bar, Ethics and Liability of Judges, Independence and Integrity of Judiciary, Disciplinary Procedures against Attorneys at law and Private Executors, speaker and co-organizer of international conferences, related to problems of judiciary.
ORCID ID 0000-0002-1641-6161
Most important publications:
1. Ovcharenko O. Access to Justice and Guarantees of its Realization. monograph. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2008. 304 p.
2. Ovcharenko O. Legal Liability of Judges: Issues of Theory and Practice. monograph. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2014. 576 p.
3. Ovcharenko O. Theoretical and Practical Issues of Legal Liability of Judges: monograph. Kharkiv: Urwait, 2017. 624 p.
4. Judiciary. Monograph / Edited by prof. I.E. Marochkin. Khariv: Pravo, 2015. 792 p. (Coauthor Ovcharenko O. chapters 3.3 "The principle of availability of court in Ukraine", subsection 5.4 "Legal liability of judges").
5. Basic Research of Application of Transitional Justice in Ukraine. Kiev, 2017.592 p. (Coauthor Ovcharenko O.: subsection 2 of chapter 3.1, subsection 1 of chapter 3.2, subsections 1, 2, 6 of chapter 4.1, subsection 2 of chapter 4.2, subsections 4, 5, 7 of chapter 5.1, subsection 2 of chapter 5.2).
6. Ovcharenko O. Assessment of Judges and their Disciplinary Liability: Issues of Differentiation. Yearbook of Ukrainian Law. 2016. 8.. 376-386.
7. Ovcharenko Olena. European Standards of Judicial Ethics and Ukrainian Experience: Challenges and Perspectives. International Legal Ethics Conference VII: ILEC posted papers and studies: July 14-16, 2016 at Fordham Law School in New York City, USA. URL:
8. Independence and Legal Liability of Judges as Guarantees of Rule of Law: monograph. Edited by prof. P. M. Rabinovich. Lviv: Spolom, 2019. 384 p. (Coauthor Ovcharenko O. chapter 2 “Concepts of Legal Liability of Judges: theoretical analysis”, p. 39-223).